Monday, June 29, 2009

my real answer

One night he asked me why him
So I had to begin
With the fact that his smile to me made the moon shine end
That his words to me were like Gods blessings shining in
And that his touch made me feel like I was too valuable to bend
Or damage
And that he managed for the most part to keep me happy
Never taking advantage of the fact that my love ran deep
That what we had was somethin that others couldn't compete
Or defeat
Defeated never were we cause we completed each other
At least in my mind we would always be needing each other
That even in our worst times we couldn't think but to confide in each other
That after 3 years I couldn't fathom another
To understand my lame jokes
And see how my genius provoked
That my genius I hoped
Wasn't part of his genius to promote
Me as the perfect woman that he hoped
I really was
And how even when I really wasn't dope
I really was
At least in his eyes
Never surprised by his willingness to give all he had
And to mold all his plans
Around the life I would demand
For a future only he could command
As a man
And that I could give him his throne
But he would build me one too
And that years down the line he wouldn't forget to say honey, this is all because of you
And it would be true
Because he knew
That his dreams would only work with the dedication of two
His god and his wife
Not his chick and his strife
But his companion and his true giver of life
And thats why him
Because in the future, ill get that place beside him
And even now, I'm why he lives
Because he's why I dream
And everyday to me it seems
That it will only get better in the days we still have yet to see
And that's what I wouldve said if I thought it all through
But instead
The only answer I could think to say was
Its because I love you.

No comments: